More Nut Resources
more nut resources
If you're nuts about nuts and want to learn more about them, including where and how they are harvested and processed, what specific health and nutritional benefits each variety offers, or how they relate to food allergies, we recommend that you visit some of the following links for more information:
- American Heart Association - Information about trans fat http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=532 -
- World's Healthiest Foods - Almonds, Cashews Peanuts
- International Tree Nut Council - Includes 17 pages of journal citations for nut-health related articles.
- International Tree Nut Council - Council memo heralding F.D.A. pro-nut/heart position.
- American Heart Association - The benefits of almonds on cholesterol
- The Peanut Institute - Results of the Brigham and Women's Hospital Study and The Harvard School of Public Health Study, appeared in the International Journal of Obesity. Discusses the Mediterranean diet, and the nut/health connection.
- Diabetes News - Study: Almonds help dieters lose weight.
- Harvard Diabetes study - http://www.harvardscience.harvard.edu/medicine-health/articles/nuts-lower-diabetes-risk
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration - For tree nut allergy information.
- P/S/L Research's Doctor's Guide - Tree nut article citing the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- Food Allergy initiative - http://www.faiusa.org/?page=treenuts
- Food Science Web - New Zealand and Swedish collaborative research report on oxilates in food.
- Environment, Health and Safety Online - Aflatoxins in Your Food - and Their Effect on Your Health