The almond butter sauce bakes into the chicken, keeping it moist and imparting a savory cilantro, garlic and nut flavor that will get rave reviews. Top it with crushed almonds for an elegant presentation and a satisfying crunch!
- Serves 4-6
- 4 Boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 Tbsp. MaraNatha No Stir Almond Butter, Crunchy
- 2 Tbsp. Natural low fat mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Slivered almonds, slightly crushed
Heat oven to 375°F. Rinse and dry chicken. Pound chicken breast between two pieces of plastic until 1/4 inch thick.
In a small bowl combine the almond butter, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic and cilantro.
Place chicken on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread about 1 tablespoon almond butter mixture on each piece of chicken. Top with crushed almonds. Bake for 25 minutes.